Friday, August 9, 2013

Technique: Baker's Twine!

I have seen so many creative crafters incorporate baker's twine into their designs. I love how the utilitarian feel of the twine compliments the whimsy of the cards... Here are a few of my favorites from around Etsy!


These note cards from DeLorenzoArt have such great color combinations. This artisan feature's today's tool of the trade--baker's twine--in many of her designs, to fanciful effect! I adore the simplicity of letting the contrasts of pattern and color steal the show. 


This cards, from SeredipityCards, uses the baker's twine with a tiny crocheted flower and button for exquisite detailing! I love how she loops the twine through the button and ties it off in a tiny bow; such great layering! 

Heartstrings - Set of 6 Mini Cards

Finally, here are some mini cards using baker's twine -- designed by ElisabethStudios! I love how the tiny heart seems to be hanging from the twine: Such a simple but powerful design element! 

  

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for featuring my card with baker's twine on your blog! It was a delightful surprise today and made me smile. :) I bought a HUGE spool of brown/white and black/white bakers twine a couple years ago and joke that I have a lifetime supply. Let me know if you need any! Smiles, Pam :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Twine is one of my fave embellishments too!

    I found your blog listed in Card Crafting Mamas in Etsy. Best wishes to you!

    ReplyDelete